Friday 22 June 2012

A bit of shameless self-promotion

This week's mail included a copy of Sandra Salamony's 1000 Artists' Books: Exploring the Book as Art (Quarry Books 2012), which features one of my works.
Details of Sandra's book can be found here.
Leaves of Irony resulted from a light-hearted challenge to produce a book from the contents of a fellow binder's rubbish bin. It is a non-adhesive visible structure binding made from weathered galvanised iron (from the base of an abandoned garden wheelbarrow), telephone wiring and beaten lead fishing sinkers. While it has featured in three exhibitions to date (winning awards at two of these exhibitions), I will always remember it fondly as the work that led to my first ever piece of fan mail. Enough said!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Terence! I just bought my own copy this morning so shall now work my way thru it feeling chuffed that I 'know' one of the artists! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you work your way through the book I am sure that you'll come across lots of other artists that you know, including our BAO compatriots Lauren Faulkenberry, Helen Malone and Anna Mavromatis.
    Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete