Thursday 6 September 2012

Boxes

This week's photograph is of the top of a three-piece lidded box I made a couple of years ago to house a project called The Indian Essays. The box was pulled from the shelves for use as a prop in box-making workshops that have been running  in my bindery over the past two weeks.
I still get a lot of pleasure from teaching (which I guess is why I do it), particularly when most of the students are artists from different disciplines, who come to the classes with their own ways of thinking and working. This year's crop of box makers included an architect, a paper maker, a textile artist and a couple of painters. It was great to see the diversity of responses to common problems and to share the box makers' satisfaction with their finely crafted pieces at the end of each workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment